Ballantyne Magazine

SPRING 2019

Ballantyne Magazine covers news, events, real estate, restaurants, shopping, health, schools and business in the upscale Ballantyne Area of Charlotte, NC.

Issue link: https://ballantynemagazine.epubxp.com/i/1083192

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 37 of 99

Typical day My day varies from business and operational tasks to teaching yoga classes or yoga-teacher trainings. I am also a mom with two teenage boys, so there's that. Do you live in Ballantyne? I have lived in Firethorne Country Club for 19 years. Local place where everyone knows your name Fitness Together. Favorite beverage I'm sure I should say water, but wine and coffee. Favorite music Country. Media to recommend "Oprah's SuperSoul Conversations" podcast. "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"— this TV series is just so well-written and cleverly cast. Morning or night person? I'm not sure I am either. LOL. But if I have to choose: morning. Guilty pleasure Quiet time throughout the day without kids or anyone else around. Who greets you when you get home each day? My Australian shepherd and Jack Russell terrier. Keys to your success All the amazing people with whom I work and remembering to find enjoyment and not stress. Life lesson While I cannot control most of what life throws at me, I certainly can control how I respond. What's the No. 1 thing you want people to know about you? Although I am an introvert, I love working with all different groups of people and teaching yoga and mindfulness. Shari Bourque Goldstein Job Teacher and studio owner, Enlighten Yoga Hometown Barbados (but we moved here from New York City) BALLANTYNE SPRING 2019 36 Faces

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of Ballantyne Magazine - SPRING 2019