Ballantyne Magazine

SUMMER 2017

Ballantyne Magazine covers news, events, real estate, restaurants, shopping, health, schools and business in the upscale Ballantyne Area of Charlotte, NC.

Issue link: https://ballantynemagazine.epubxp.com/i/828252

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 59 of 99

"Our strategic vision is to continue to evolve the Ballantyne property into one of the premier office/ living/retail destinations in the country," says John Z. Kukral, president and CEO of Northwood, which purchased nearly all of BCP from The Bissell Companies earlier this year. "Smoky Bissell and Ned Curran wanted one corporate partner to manage the entire property, and that was our advantage over other buyers who wanted to break off pieces of BCP." Ranked as the largest commercial real estate deal in Charlotte's histo- ry, Northwood's invest- ment includes 4 million square feet of Class A office space, 600 hotel rooms, The Golf Club at Ballantyne and several hun- dred acres of undeveloped land within the approxi- mately 535-acre BCP site. Evolving BCP To realize the property's full potential, Northwood plans to incorporate new amenities in shopping, dining and housing. These enhancements would repo- sition the property's image as a destination beyond a workplace and highlight the integrated lifestyle elements of the broader master-planned Ballantyne community, which is ap- proximately 2,000 acres. "We want to give people living in the Ballantyne area more reasons to come into the park," Kukral explains. "From the beginning, Ballan- tyne has represented the best of community building and healthy living. I believe that with North- wood's purchase our community is poised to stay on the cutting edge of 'live, work and play.'" Steve Bowers Senior Vice President YMCA of Greater Charlotte "I feel Ballantyne continues to fulfill the vision of a diverse community with a wide range of offerings. Future North- wood projects are just one more step in that direction. I personally like to think of our Ballantyne community as mirror- ing the best of our country's future." Wil Brooks Agent State Farm Insurance AREA NOTABLES EYE BALLANTYNE'S FUTURE To realize the property's full potential, Northwood plans to incorporate new amenities in shopping, dining and housing. John Z. Kukral President and CEO of Northwood Investors Photo by Ray Sepesy BALLANTYNE SUMMER 2017 58 Feature

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of Ballantyne Magazine - SUMMER 2017